|Job Ref:||204714882||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Walsall||Address:||Post Code:||WS3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:48|
Project Manager (Water Network Distribution) |
At South Staffs Water they deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions. As a business they are entering an exciting period of change with the onset of retail competition, and a changing structural and regulation landscape.
Position: New Development & Technical Services Manager
Location: Green Lane, Walsall
Salary: £Dependent on skills and experience
Closing date: Wednesday 12th October 2016
About the role:
Their technical services are important to their wholesale delivery capability and they have a manager opportunity for someone to lead a team providing some critical network infrastructure management activities.
You will manage a small team that delivers a range of services associated with application requests, design, estimation and delivery of new connections and diversions schemes within the distribution network.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Developer Services team to ensure an efficient and effective application service is provided
- Reviewing and approving all designs to comply with company specification
- Managing the delivery of all requested connections ensuring compliance with 2015 CDM Regulations, NSRWA, Traffic Management Act and internal policy and procedures
- To collate, monitor and report KPI information and instigate remedial action where necessary
- Be responsible for the management of the end to end requirements associated with NEC3 contract processes
- Liaising directly with local authorities, government agencies, regulators and contractors as well as representing the company on industry wide working groups
- Budget control for company capital schemes associated new connections, new mains and diversion work
You must have relevant knowledge and experience within this specialist area along with proven people, performance, contract and project management skills within a health and safety-driven culture are essential within this role.
An Engineering qualification - Civil or Chartered would be a distinct advantage.
You must be prepared to work across both regions and participate in the wider wholesale team Incident Management or standby as required in a 24/7 365 day business.
You must hold a current valid UK driving licence.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Services, 2015 CDM, NSRWA, NEC3, Infrastructure, Services, Process Improvement, H&S, Team Leader, Incident Management, Wholesale, Traffic Management Act, Health and Safety, CDM Regulations, KPIs, Project Manager, Contract Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications