|Job Ref:||204714461||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stonehouse||Address:||Post Code:||ML9||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:15|
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Maintenance Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company on a permanent basis. The maintenance team and production line work on a 3-shift shift system of 6-2; 2-10; 10-6.|
The successful maintenance engineer will be responsible for carrying out breakdown repairs covering the manufacturing plant, PPM in accordance with schedules and to promote training and development of junior members in the maintenance team. Project work, machine rebuilds and refurbishments may also be required, so any experience with commissioning/decommissioning and installation of plant/machinery would be an advantage. In addition, the following responsibilities will be expected from the maintenance engineer:
* Respond to machine breakdowns with a view to minimize downtime and improving machine availability and reliability.
* Documenting activities and spares requirements used onto work request system.
* To support focused team in implementing FLM and PPM activities whilst being cost aware at all times.
* To actively support a culture of Continuous Improvement, looking at ways to engineer our persistent problems.
* To train Operators and Craftsmen in performing First Line and Planned Maintenance Activities as and when required.
* You are expected to communicate and liaise with other departments and fellow maintenance engineers to ensure continuity of information between shifts.
* To attend Production, Quality, Engineering and associated meetings representing the maintenance department as and when necessary.
* You will liaise with machine tool suppliers / representatives for the purchase of machine tool spares and be cost conscious, achieving savings where possible.
The ideal maintenance engineer will possess or be able to demonstrate the following:
* Minimum of 5 years experience of working in a machine tool production environment.
* Apprentice trained
* Minimum HNC qualified, or equivalent experience.
* Multi-skilled individual with practical experience in CNC / PLC fault finding and repair.
* Complete understanding and experience of mechanical and electrical disciplines.
* To have a proven record of being self motivated, disciplined and flexible when working in a team environment.
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels.
* To have experience in TPM principles and disciplines.
For more information on this role please contact Chris Downes on (Apply online only) or
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy