|Job Ref:||204713825||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Worcestershire||Address:||Post Code:||DY12||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:36|
Mechanical Design Engineer |
£30-35K + benefits
Are you a qualified Design Engineer looking to progress your career in whilst working on technically challenging projects?
This leading manufacturer of industrial equipment with a global presence is going from strength to strength and is actively seeking a Design Engineer to work as a key member of a small engineering team engaged in the design, development and manufacture of industrial machinery. The work will involve designing products to meet agreed specifications and cost targets, working with manufacturing to ensure all BOMs, drawings and specifications follow latest manufacturing methods and detail design for NPD Projects as required.
As mechanical Design Engineer your duties will include -
* The design of new and/or re-design of existing product lines. Produce designs, complex layouts, assemblies and detail parts list drawings on the 3D CAD system. Ensures designs support cost effectiveness
* Creating all design documentation including BOM's and carry out modifications to existing designs adhering to the company standards.
* Use of FE analysis and other analytical methods to predict the performance of designs.
* Use of design tools such as DFMA and FMEA as necessary.
* Advise and assist with testing and evaluation of designs.
* Assist in investigations into machinery failures and customer complaints.
* Liaise with suppliers to negotiate purchasing agreements and develop cost effective designs.
* Liaise with product development partners, sales team and other business units to develop new technologies and ideas.
* Maintain confidentiality of Company designs and intellectual property
* Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.
As Mechanical Design Engineer the ideal candidate will -
* Be qualified to HNC or Degree level in Mechanical Engineering
* Have a good all-round mechanical knowledge/background
* Have experience of the design of complex castings and mechanisms
* Be competent in the use of 2D & 3D CAD, preferably Inventor.
* Have a good knowledge of manufacturing processes, Design for Manufacture,and have worked closely with manufacturing.
* FE (Ansys) experience would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company with a growing order book, where you'll have the ability to grow and develop your career.
As a Design Engineer, on offer for the right candidate is
* A Competitive salary
* Pleasant working environment
* Job stability
* Career progression
Don't delay in applying, please apply to this advert of send your CV to (url removed)
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)