|Job Ref:||204713594||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:36|
To work in a unique test facility, integrating and testing missile hardware in a dynamic flight environment.
You would be part of a small multi skilled team, doing a technical, 'hands on` role and experiencing a wide variety of complex, high technology work.
Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) work is a technical 'hands on` role, which involves designing, developing and using closed loop HWIL simulations which include the following components, operating and interacting together;
- Real time computing, software and mathematical models (eg aerodynamics)
- Communication interfaces and electrical test equipment
- Missile hardware subsystems (seeker, navigation sensors and main missile computer)
- High performance hydraulic equipment to represent missile and target motion
- Target scene generators to emit IR or RF radiation
The role is predominantly a technical role, with an emphasis on design and development of simulation software, integrating this with missile equipment, running and analysing tests.
What's great about the role?
- Interesting and challenging technical work within a complex simulation environment
- Work with and experience a wide variety of technologies and engineering skills
- Work with high technology equipment in a leading and unique test facility
- Predominantly a technical software and systems integration role
- Options for working on multi-national programs, in multi-national teams
- Opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge and experience of how our products works
What`s great about joining this team?
- A small, experienced, multi skilled team
- Work with people with an active, problem solving approach to work
- Our team is responsible for the design, development and use of complex HWIL simulations
- Opportunity to develop "hands on" and practical engineering solutions through to the final product
- Grow and develop engineering skills - a high level of exposure to difference disciplines
What are we looking for?
- Ability and experience of software development, ideally using C or similar
- Integrating hardware and software
- Good problem solving skills
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to work with varied engineering teams
- Additional skills which would be advantageous include
- real time computing systems
- mathematical modelling
- ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)