|Job Ref:||204713517||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£45000/annum Industry leading benefits||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:14|
Permanent requirement for a Lead Mechanical Project Engineer. Competitive Salary and industry leading benefits including 35.5 days of leave, end of year bonus, excellent pension scheme to name a few.|
As a successful candidate you would be accountable for:
* mechanical design of new systems, including optioneering, evaluation, conceptual development, substantiation (structural, VR), component selection (e.g. Motors, gear, brakes etc.)
* engineering aspects relating to all assigned systems/components including repair, replacement or upgrade activities.
* engineering analyses using classic and finite element methods to support design studies.
* producing technical reports, departmental notes and journal/conference papers where relevant.
* originating technical specifications and tender documentation for a wide range of sub-systems and components.
* Day to day support of graduate engineers
To be considered for the vacancy you hold an Engineering council recognised mechanical engineering degree or equivalent. You have previous experience in mechanism design and actuator selection as well as designing substantiation analysis using hand calculation and finite element techniques.
You are able to generate technical documents and specifications and enjoy working in and achieving as a team.
Membership of a Professional Engineering Institution would be desirable however is not essential.
Please apply via the website / email your profile over or give me a call on NA for further information