|Job Ref:||204713364||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol Avon||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:14|
You will be leading the generation of the technical requirements for and the delivery of a software product into a weapon sub-system for use by the UK, and the wider international MBDA product portfolio.
This is a senior technical and project management role in which you will have responsibility for ensuring that delivered software products meet their technical, time, cost and quality requirements.
- Support the Head of WS Sub-system (CPI-WS) by defining and agreeing the appropriate software lifecycle strategy with the WS team and the software product lead and his team
- Produce and maintain the software requirement specification and delivery plan, developed and agreed by the software product lead, the sub-system and software architects and all other stakeholders
- Work closely with the software product lead to ensure that the software team are working to the agreed project schedule and cost base
- Propose trade-offs, and gain agreement for the solutions, to the software and sub-system architects and their teams, after identification of risks /opportunities/non compliances
No People management currently required
What`s great about this opportunity?
This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern systems.
You will be working with technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- The chance to maintain some technical involvement balanced with some technical and project management.
- Many of the methods and tools we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues, both within the UK and at our development sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies.
What are we looking for?
- Sound understanding of System Engineering Process (including System and Sub-System Specification, System Test and Integration)
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML preferably using Rhapsody
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management (Dimensions or RTC)
- Experience in engineering product delivery
- Experience of technical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (timing and content aspects)
- Trade Off analysis and solution generation
- Good project and risk management skills and knowledge
- Excellent 'can do` attitude and pro-active behaviours
- Engineering degree or equivalent
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)