|Job Ref:||204713343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£23000 - £25000/annum competive package w/benefits||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:14|
Workshop Engineer (Forklift Engineers, Forklift technicians, Field Service Forklift Engineers)|
Salary offered £23,000 - £25,000 Inc Pension, Sick Pay Scheme and childcare vouchers
The company are UK leaders in the Materials Handling Industry and are looking for a forklift engineer to join their team in Basingstoke due to their continued growth. This position would suit a site based engineer, a plant engineer and HGV technician who is looking to progress with a growing firm.
* To complete inspections and safety checks in accordance with industry practice and regulations.
* To complete day to day service, repair and maintenance of forklift trucks, handling equipment and plant.
* Complete fault finding and repairs to meet first-fix targets.
* New equipment preparation.
* Sourcing of parts from internal or external supplier.
* Communicate quickly/efficiently to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum and achieve first-fix targets.
* Work to company procedures and current Health and Safety / COSHH regulations.
* Continually seek and act upon opportunities for personal and team development.
* Carry out other duties which may or may not be related to the job, as reasonably requested by management.
To be considered for the role you will need to have knowledge of at least one of the following areas, and be able, willing and accepting of additional training to allow you to excel within the company.
* Mechanical engineering
* Electrical engineering
You will have the ability to work independently and in a team, hold good communication skills, work to a high standard and be able to work to timescales as required.
* Must hold full UK Driving Licence.
* Proficient in fault finding and repair.
* Educated with an ability to achieve a grade C in English and maths at GCSE.
* Experience of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop practice.
* Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
* Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven.
* A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently or in a team.
* Clear communication skills - oral and written.
* Consultation and negotiation skills.
* Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post.
* Highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure.
* Positive, personable and optimistic with a can do attitude.
* Recent and relevant experience of working in the forklift truck service environment, but not essential.
* Engineering qualification.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest material handling companies in their field. The post offers career progression, a friendly environment and a secure future.
Interested applicants, please forward a copy of your CV details to (url removed)
Professional Technical is a specialist recruitment consultancy supporting the engineering recruitment market, developing recruitment partnerships with engineering businesses on a national scale. Professional Technical supply the engineering and technical talent so that our clients can focus on the core elements of engineering. Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy