|Job Ref:||204713311||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Durham||Address:||Post Code:||DH1||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:49|
Outline of Responsibilities:|
• To carry out planned and reactive on-site inspections, servicing, repair, recertification and warranty work to a range of both large and small vessels within the UK and occasionally overseas.
• Regular local and regional travel.
• Operate key technical equipment such as vacuum pumps.
• To work to an agreed schedule and meet all requisite customer service and delivery targets.
• To comply with all quality, health and safety standards/regulations/work procedures established by both employer and the clients site where the operations are being carried out.
• To maintain and promote good customer relationships and excellence in service delivery.
• To represent the company in a professional manner in all dealings with the customer, third party inspectors and company personnel or other support personnel.
• To work flexibly including short notice overtime and travel.
• Selling consumables and parts as part of the on-site service.
• Any other reasonable requests from a senior member of staff.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Full clean UK driving licence.
• Full valid UK passport.
• Mechanical maintenance or servicing experience gained in a relevant industry/discipline, for instance working with hydraulics, pneumatics and/or pipework.
• Experience of diagnosing and trouble-shooting faults, giving appropriate feedback at all levels.
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
• Able to work independently without supervision and as part of a team.
• Good Time Management skills to manage own time in line with the expectations of company schedules.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a calm and orderly manner.
• Experience fitting pipework and/or pressurised equipment.
• Experience in servicing/fitting out, however product/key equipment training will be provided.
• Competent in the safe handling of liquids and the filling, decanting and pressure testing.
• Experience in welding, metal working or pipefitting.
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing improvement techniques such as standard operations, 5s and Kaizen.
• Experience selling consumables or parts whilst conducting on-site visits.
Note - The role requires regular local and regional commuting and occasional overseas travel. In the completion of such travel the successful applicant will have access to the company service van, and receive travel expenses for food, fuel, accommodation and laundry in the completion of duties.
• Repairs and Service Co-ordinator
• Production Manager
• Health and Safety Officer
• Third Party Inspectors