|Job Ref:||204713190||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:49|
A leading precision manufacturing company require experienced Mechanical Design Engineers with experience of progression and precision tools for these staff positions in Birmingham.|
Mechanical Design Engineer - Progression and Precision Tools
* Production of design concepts to support an effective process
* Liaison with customers to quantify and ensure requirements are met.
* Production of a basic tool design concept.
* Utilisation of Solidworks 3D & ME10 - 2D CAD technology to produce all relevant CAE links, technical drawings and documentation for press tool development and manufacture.
* Achieving design targets to Customer lead times and within budgeted costs.
* Ensure that the business conforms to all legislative design standards.
* Integrate Health & Safety features into the design standard.
* Liaison with Sales & Marketing department to offer technical information
* Support for the Design Office Apprentice training programme.
* Design Office 5s champion.
* Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of modular tooling design.
* Precision progression tungsten carbide press tool experience.
* Proficient user of 3D CAD systems.
* HND or equivalent in Manufacturing or Design Engineering.
* A Technical engineering apprenticeship.
* Excellent problem solving and innovation qualities.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and be a self starter.
* Preferred / Desirable:
* Modular tooling design capability.
* Solid Works experience.
* Bench toolmaking experience with progression press tools.
* Leadership experience
* CNC Machining experience.
* implement a professional CAD Engineering function whilst displaying leadership responsibilities and providing a world class design service to the business.
* take overall responsibility for the conceptual design of tungsten carbide precision progression press tools utilising Solidworks CAD technology, from concept through all stages of development into tool manufacture and build, through to component manufacture.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)