|Job Ref:||204713172||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oldham||Address:||Post Code:||OL4||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum Van, Mobile, Pension||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:14|
Field Service Engineer (Forklift Engineers, Forklift technicians, Field Service Forklift Engineers)|
Location: Oldham/North Manchester area
Salary offered £25K - £28K Inc Van, Phone, Pension, Sick Pay Scheme and childcare vouchers
The company are UK leaders in the Materials Handling Industry and are looking for a forklift engineer to join their field service team due to their continued growth. This position would suit a site based engineer, a field service engineer, forklift engineer, plant engineer and HGV technician who is looking to progress with a growing firm.
To carry out service and repairs to equipment on customer sites in a safe, professional and cost effective manner, maintaining documentation of all works carried out in line with Health and Safety and Quality procedures.
The role will involve working to a planned schedule of service and maintenance jobs at our client's premises.
* To ensure van stock is monitored / counted, and sufficient for the day to day maintenance of the fleet.
* To carry out inspections and monitor the safety of the repaired and maintained trucks.
* To accurately complete job sheets, timesheets and purchase requisition and parts paperwork within the required timescales.
* To take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including van/laptop/tablet etc.) and ensure that it is in a safe condition for the type of work being undertaken.
* To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines.
To be considered for the role you will need to have knowledge of at least one of the following areas, and be able, willing and accepting of additional training to allow you to excel within the company.
* Mechanical engineering
* Electrical engineering
You will have the ability to work independently and in a team, hold good communication skills, work to a high standard and be able to work to timescales as required.
We need someone who essentially can be product trained and then take the Engineer Service role on straight away.
* Must hold full UK Driving Licence.
* Proficient in fault finding and repair.
* Educated with an ability to achieve a grade C in English and maths at GCSE.
* Experience of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop practice.
* Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
* Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven.
* A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently or in a team.
* Clear communication skills - oral and written.
* Consultation and negotiation skills.
* Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post.
* Highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure.
* Positive, personable and optimistic with a can do attitude.
* Recent and relevant experience of working in the forklift truck service environment, but not essential.
* Engineering qualification.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 16:30pm with 30 minutes lunch.
(Scope £23,000.00 to £28,000.00, depending on experience).
A company van and fuel card are provided with the option for private use (provided the tax is paid), the current Field Engineer vehicle is a Ford Transit Custom.
25 days holiday.
Company pension plan.
From employee training and development to competitive compensation packages, this company invests in their employees, knowing that people are always at the core of what moves them forward.
In addition to financial remuneration and participation, they offer their employees various social benefits including but not limited to:
* Offer private use of company vehicles (subject to tax regulations).
* Support with tooling.
* Childcare vouchers.
* Employee Assistance Programme.
Professional Technical is a specialist recruitment consultancy supporting the engineering recruitment market, developing recruitment partnerships with engineering businesses on a national scale. Professional Technical supply the engineering and technical talent so that our clients can focus on the core elements of engineering. Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy