|Job Ref:||204712122||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£37000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:49|
Our client currently have a vacancy for a Production Engineering Supervisor reporting directly to the Production Engineering Manager.|
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a wide knowledge of manufacturing and production processes within a FMCG industry, and have the ability to maintain production engineering resources in order to assist in optimising manufacturing performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide the effective and timely repair of Owen`s IS machines and co-ordinate job change activities.
- Organise and monitor the purchasing of spares and equipment on a day to day basis to ensure full support during 24 hour operation.
- Assist the timely completion of job changes with hands on involvement as and when necessary.
- Establish and maintain an effective communication flow between Forming and the Production Engineering team.
- Supervise and communicate clear instructions to the team providing a timely and efficient service.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills to improve machine reliability, this will include hands on activities.
- Co-ordinate continuous improvement of machine reliability that includes sectional maintenance.
- Provide technical and advisory assistance to support the 24 hour operation.
Desirable skills and qualifications:-
- Professional management qualification Engineering qualifications
- IOSH qualification
- People management skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven engineering background
- Planning / prioritising
- Problem solving
- Lean Manufacturing
- LSS, 5S, SMED, TPM.
- Personal drive
Executive position - salary up to £37000 pa
37 hrs per week.
25 days holiday plus stats.
Defined Contribution Pension Scheme.
To start as soon as possible