|Job Ref:||204712094||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:09|
Chartered Civil Engineer|
£60k + benefits
Vantage Consulting are looking for a Charted Civil Engineer to join one of the largest and most diverse companies working for the public and regulated sectors in the UK, with the ultimate aim of creating better places for people to live, work and travel.
Working for one of the most innovative partnerships in the country, you will implement the project requirements to fully meet the outcome based specification in accordance with relevant standards.
What will this role involve?
- Championing community partnership working through the use of innovative co -production techniques.
- Undertake the design and supervision of integrated transport projects including but not limited to junction & traffic island design, shared space/urban design, local safety schemes and cycleway design.
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the outcome based specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others (S111, S278 & S7) in accordance with SCC design guide.
- Undertake the role of Project Manager and /or supervisor on NEC3 type contracts
- Provide key account responsibility for a number of high profile clients.
- Provide guidance, advice and mentor graduate engineers.
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
- Engage in client and third party liaison
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
- Support and lead on new Traffic Regulation Orders
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
- Support with the undertaking of performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
We are looking for motivated, innovative civil engineers to cover various disciplines including Highway Design, Drainage and Development Control functions. Key requirements will include:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or HNC/D plus experience
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT, IHE or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite (Project) and relevant engineering software packages such as AutoCAD, Keyline, Key signs, Micro Drainage etc.
- Demonstrable experience in Highway design and project management.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- IOSH managing safety
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position or find out more, then please contact Louise Robathan at Vantage Consulting on (Apply online only) or email (Email Removed)