|Job Ref:||204712005||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:12|
Thermal Engineer |
My client, since their establishment in 1985, has developed a wide range of high performance Single Board Computer products based on Intel® CPU technology, for use in critical embedded applications.
Designed to be used in both commercial and rugged environments, their products are used by many of the world's leading integrators within the Defence, Security, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Transportation, Medical and Industrial markets.
My clients Thermal Engineers provide key design inputs to the electronics hardware team, and are also very involved in the verification stages of product development, as well as providing on-going support to the design teams in all three countries and to the UK production team. Among the engineer's responsibilities are the following:
* Designing, developing and testing thermal solutions for both convection and conduction cooled products.
* Liaising with the hardware and PCB design engineers to agree optimal layout and construction of the boards.
* Simulating and analysing thermal performance of the products, and implementing any necessary corrections.
* Thermal and mechanical testing of new products and components.
* Developing and improving our mechanical and thermal design procedures and practises.
* Maintaining awareness of new technologies.
Candidates should ideally be engineering graduates in a relevant discipline, but consideration may be given to those who have significant appropriate experience without this qualification. They must be able to demonstrate practical involvement in the design and development of embedded electronic products, and should be familiar with some or all of the following:
* Designing thermal solutions for both convection cooled and conduction cooled electronic products, for both military and commercial environments.
* Thermal simulation using Flotherm or Flotherm XT.
* Analysis of thermal characteristics at component level in excess of 40W, and at board level in excess of 60W.
* Experience with a range of Thermal Interface Materials and their effect on component temperature.
* Mechanical design skills, ideally using SolidWorks, for creating or at least modifying solid model designs for heat sinks and other items.
* Following, and where necessary, defining or modifying, a clear thermal design process.
* Familiarity with standard form factor designs, e.g. OpenVPX (3U and 6U) or VME.
* An appreciation of standards such as MIL-STD-810 or any from VITA.
* General production machining processes.
In addition to technical skills, the candidate must be independent and self-motivated but also be able to interact with other engineers both locally and overseas. They will be a primary point of contact for thermal issues so must be able to provide assured and accurate guidance to colleagues, during both the design and testing stages of product development, and during manufacture.
Very competitive salary package with relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private medical and health insurance schemes.
The closing date for this position is 27th October 2016
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer