|Job Ref:||204711952||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worcester||Address:||Post Code:||WR1||Salary:||£30000 - £34000/annum + benefits + pension||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:50|
My client a leading name in their field are seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their team following a multi-million pound investment in the company`s state-of-the-art production facility.
Health and Safety Manager Role
In a heavy industry environment, carry out the day to day operations of the HSE Department ensuring full compliance with all policies, procedures and legal requirements. Provision of regular tool box talks/training to all employees reinforcing behavioural based safety culture.
Health and Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Conducts compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support management team.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the site HSE management system and programmes.
- Maintain relevant documentation on all aspects of HSE including fire prevention.
- Preparation of any policies and procedures required for a safe working environment.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Provision of advice and guidance to management team and make recommendations where required.
- Undertake detailed incident/accident investigation including root cause analysis
- Undertakes behaviour based safety training/tool box talks
- Ensure all HSE regulations are complied with including ensuring all safety equipment is maintained and used.
- Evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of all PPE.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with all employees as well as customers and regulatory agencies.
- Chairs monthly HSE meeting driving KPI`s for the site.
- Investigate accidents and near miss incidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- To develop a HSE Communication strategy for the company and all levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Act as CDM Coordinator as required by the Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2007.
- Advises line management in safety matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilities all forms of risk assessments e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH and fire prevention.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes recommendations.
- Arranges and coordinates occupational health monitoring.
- IOSH qualification.
- At least 4 years` experience in a HSE management role within heavy industry (familiar with welding, in line paint plants, cranes a must).
- Experience of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 preferred.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and mentoring skills.
- Excellent project management skills and used to working to deadlines
- Able to organize and prioritise own work schedule
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership style with charisma and team spirit