|Job Ref:||204711759||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£22 - £24/hour||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:12|
I am looking for a Site Engineer to join a Tier 1 Joint Venture on a £91.4m Smart Motorway Project on the M1 between J16 and J19. Works are in full swing and there will be work opportunities through to March 2017 for the right candidate.|
Highways England is improving the M1 by making it a smart motorway between junctions 19 and 16. Smart motorways help relieve congestion by converting the hard shoulder to a running lane. They use technology to monitor traffic flow and vary the mandatory speed limits to keep traffic moving smoothly.
As site engineer you will be responsible for;
* Liaising with the project team to ensure safe, timely delivery of a quality product
* Planning, management and monitoring the construction of the works to an acceptable level of quality
* Under direction, preparing and implementing inspection test plans
* Liaising with others to ensure safe systems of work are prepared in a timely manner and followed, including the work of other contractors or sub-contractors
* Setting out for onsite activities and carrying out asbuilts
* Degree, Bachelors, MSc or HND in Civil Engineering
* Knowledge and experience of Highways standards and procedures
* Experience working within a main contracting environment
* Experience setting out using a robotic total station
* CSCS qualification
The successful candidate will not only benefit form working for this excellent contractor but will also benefit from working with Carmichael UK. We pay weekly, offer support with CSCS, PTS and Lucas tests, have a competitive referral scheme and retail discounts on our Hummingbird website.
Please apply now if you are interested