|Job Ref:||204711439||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£36000 - £41000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:38|
Technical Buyer - Manufacturing|
• A salary of c£36k - £41k will be offered + benefits
• Mon-Thur 8.45-4.45 & 8-12.30pm Friday
We currently have an immediate permanent position for an experienced Technical Buyer to join a world leading manufacturer of specialist detection equipment
Role Purpose: To place purchase orders for parts as required and to provide technical decisions in support of materials purchased.
1. To review the MRP system demand and place purchase/works orders.
2. To place items on Kanban with suppliers, reviewing demand and lead time to ensure stock is kept to a minimum
3. To make technical decisions in response to information requested by both suppliers and internal departments
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interface with suppliers to achieve targets and objectives
2. Review data to make decisions on items to put on Kanban, setting up internal systems to deal with the demand triggers
3. Proactively negotiating with suppliers to ensure the price and delivery is met
4. Meeting targets for items on Kanban, price and delivery
5. Making decisions on alternative supply of materials, if required
6. Understand the requirement for the approval and purchase of fully traceable materials, the understanding and comparison of material chemical/mechanical specifications to those specified by the customer and the ability to follow through with the decision making process to select suitable conforming material
7. Keeping cost down by managing the product purchasing in an efficient way
8. Visiting suppliers to assess capabilities, both current and prospective alternatives
9. Plan and procure materials from approved suppliers to support achievement of production plan in line with agreed timelines.
Competence, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
1. Background in Engineering
2. Qualifications and experience in electro mechanical and/or manufacturing buying
3. CIPS or qualified by experience
4. Good problem solving and team working skills, able to work under own initiative
5. Approachable professional manner and good inter-personal skills
6. IT literate including standard office packages and experience of using MRP on a regular basis
7. Experience of materials including certification and alternatives
8. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
9. Have an understanding of manufacturing processes including lean.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position