|Job Ref:||204711403||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£33000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:12|
Quality Engineer - Manufacturing|
• A salary of c£33k - £35k will be offered + benefits
• Mon-Thur 8.45-4.45 & 8-12.30pm Friday
We currently have an immediate permanent position for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a world leading manufacturer of specialist detection equipment
1. To implement, control and ensure Quality Tools are applied, which meet agreed customer contractual requirements
2. Understanding of R-R Quality requirements (SABRe, GS3001, RRES90009).
3. Ensure correct manufacturing documentation is being applied in accordance with the QMS and customer contractual requirements.
4. To implement Quality Tools which demonstrate effective Quality Control for in-house Manufactured / Purchased parts (MSA, FOD, FAIR, and LAIR).
5. Carry out inspections of WIP and documentation to ensure conformance to drawings, specifications and customer requirements.
6. To perform supplier assessments and surveillance according to QMS and contract requirements.
7. Assist with the control and management of the bonded material system.
8. To support quality control activities including calibration, mechanical inspection and vendor rating activities.
9. Ensuring all Process Documentation is being followed, supporting where inadequacies are found.
10. Supporting the Concession process and the associated actions
11. Regular auditing against proven processes and leading any corrective/preventive actions
12. Effective component control (Traceability, cleanliness, handling)
13. Ensure process equipment is maintained and calibrated regularly
14. Monitor process failures and support corrective and preventive actions
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Company Dashboard.
2. Quality Dashboard
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the Quality Manager to ensure compliance to the QMS and contract.
2. Communicate effectively current status and opportunities for process improvement.
3. Prepared to work outside normal hours to meet the needs of the business.
4. As per company Employee Charter
5. To develop the quality control systems consistent with the business needs and the requirements within ISO 9001 and other recognised Quality Standards (e.g. AS9100)
6. To carry out mechanical inspections as required
7. To liaise with all appropriate staff and suppliers on Quality activities and to inform of any irregularities
8. To contribute to the Quality Team and provide reports on Quality activities
9. Organise and control concessions, production permits and rejects as appropriate
10. Supporting the Vendor rating system
Competence (Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience, Skills)
1. Understanding of ISO9001.
2. Ideally a Member of the CQI
3. Understanding of Quality Tools (RCA, CAPA, FMEA)
4. Understanding of specifications, engineering drawings and principles
5. High degree of literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
6. Computer literate in MS office qualifications.
7. Full clean driving license.
8. Minimum 5 years' experience of working in a relevant manufacturing role
9. Experience of Rolls-Royce SABRe / GS3001 Quality requirements
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position