|Job Ref:||2016-12521_Anchorage||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alaska||City:||Anchorage||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:00|
Geotechnical Engineer (Intermediate)|
*Job ID:* 2016-12521
*Area of Interest:* EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelors Degree
*Posted Date:* 9/28/2016
*Experience (Years):* 3
Golder Associates Inc. is experiencing continual growth in our Anchorage, Alaska operations. We offer mining services ranging from exploration through to construction, operations and into closure.
Golder is seeking a mid-level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer for our Anchorage mining team. In this role you will be joining our experienced local team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects.
Your primary responsibilties will include:
* Promote a safety first culture;
* Carry out a wide variety of geotechnical, hydrogeological and geophysical investigations, including soil and rock core logging, geotechnical mapping, packer testing, televiewer logging, and instrument installation;
* Cold regions / arctic engineering;
* On-site monitoring during construction;
* Geotechnical analyses including stability, seepage, and thermal modeling;
* Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget; and
* Prepare technical proposals and design work packages in response to client needs.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Three to 5 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment;
* BS Degree in Civil Engineering (with Geotechnical emphasis), Geological Engineering, or Mining Engineering, MS preferred.
* Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer or Engineer in Training in Alaska;
* Mining or land development experience;
* Desire to provide excellent client service and a commitment to technical excellence;
* Proven record of independent work and ability to work effectively within a team environment;
* Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and critical thinking skills are essential; and
* Valid driver's license.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earthâ€™s development while preserving earthâ€™s integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.