|Job Ref:||2016-12524||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Australian Antarctic Territory||City:||Newcastle||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:02|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
Job ID: 2016-12524
Area of Interest: EN
Job Type: Full Time
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 9/29/2016
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with extensive underground coal mining experience to join the Mine Engineering and Stability team at Golder Associates. This position is based in the Newcastle office although short-term assignments may need to be undertaken in any of the NSW coalfields. You will have the opportunity to work with our global team of industry leaders and technical experts servicing projects in Australia and overseas.
In this role you are responsible for servicing operational mines in their ongoing geotechnical requirements and long term planning. This includes field data collection, data analysis and reporting, ground support design, pillar design, longwall geomechanics and computer modelling. You will also be required to assist in the development of underground coal mining geotechnical engineering opportunities whilst building and maintaining client relationships.
To be successful, you will possess:
* Bachelor degree in Science (majoring in Geology), or Civil / Mining Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering. A post-graduate qualification in Geomechanics / Geotechnical engineering is highly regarded.
* Several years of experience in mining geotechnics, underground geotechnical engineering and underground coal mining
* Demonstrated strength in analytical, interpretative, monitoring and evaluation skills within underground coal geotechnical engineering.
* Previous experience in a consulting role will be viewed favourably.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong commitment to health and safety.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* Work life balance initiatives such as additional leave options.
* Corporate fitness programs and subsidised gym memberships.
* Career development and professional development opportunities.
For more information or to apply, please visit NA
Apply Online - Golder's Australasia Region:
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS