|Job Ref:||143856BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||Ireland||City:||Dublin||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:35|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM are currently recruiting for an Electrical CAD Technician with experience High Voltage design to join our Power Transmission and Distribution team in the AECOM Dublin Office. The role sits within our Resources and industry division which covers projects including substations, power stations, wind farms, data centres, high voltage cables and overhead lines. From time to time you may also be involved in international projects. As the HV CAD Technician you will work with our project teams to ensure timely delivery of projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Support project teams by creating Models and Drawings as appropriate.
• Manage the workload and technical management of the CAD/BIM team as required.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Identify data and information required for projects.
• Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
• Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to the relevant project manager.
• Work within financial and programme constraints
• Review internal processes for effectiveness and efficiency and suggest possible areas for improvement where necessary.
• Experienced in AutoCAD
• Experienced in producing substation designs.
• Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering terminology
• Able to meet tight deadlines and able to work alone or with a team
• Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily task
• Flexible attitude
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
• Excellent organisational skills
• Additional Attributes which would be of benefit.
• A good understanding of the 3D Design/BIM environment
• Working knowledge of more than one design package AutoCad / Bentley MicroStation
• Experienced in the design of substation secondary systems using E-plan or another package.
• Experience in design of HV Cables and Overhead lines a plus.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.