|Job Ref:||143754BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Jacksonville||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:35|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is immediately hiring a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 2 in support of U.S Navy P-3 Aircraft maintenance operations at NAS Jacksonville, FL. Must be able to work rotating shifts and travel for detachments. Incumbent shall supervise and coordinate maintenance efforts on assigned shift, to meet the daily flight schedule. This incumbent must possess a level of experience necessary to inspect all aircraft assigned, certify Aircraft/Engine Logbook entries and meet of the following requirements:
Must have 5 years o-level experience as a maintenance control supervisor on P3 Aircraft
Must have two (2) years minimum experience as CDI/QAR
Must possess 8300/8800 navy enlisted classification (NEC) code
Must have a thorough working knowledge of the Naval Aviation Logistic Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS).
Candidate must achieve and maintain "Safe For Flight" certification.
Work environment is indoor and outdoor under all types of weather conditions.
Wearing of steel tip boots and personal protective equipment is required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Candidate must have good communication skills both orally and written.
Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Inspect the aircraft to certify that all maintenance performed by the team is correct and complete.
To be considered candidates must apply online at NA
For further information call Scotty Cain at NA
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Five (5) years actual and recent aircraft organizational level maintenance control experience required.
• Five (5) years P-3 experience required, with two (2) years CDQAR/CDI qualification and leadership required.
• Possess an 8300/8800 navy enlisted classification code (NEC).
• Read, interpret and use manufacturers and aircraft maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
• Must have the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance and meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned task.
• Position may require travel.
• Work is performed in a shop environment, aircraft hangars, flight line, and shipboard that are moderately lighted, heated and ventilated to extreme weather conditions outside, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts, sweepers, tow vehicles, and aircraft.
• May be required to work in areas that are noisy, dusty, and dirty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
• Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level in the work environment, hangars, flight line, and shipboard flight deck is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
• The employee will be required to use Fall Protection equipment with PPE.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.