Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of AECOM, is seeking a Senior Work Control Planner to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
Develops/reviews routine and non-routine, large, complex packages including written step-by-step work instructions, procedures, safety and testing requirements within a given area.
May include separately or in conjunction with work control development, recommendations and instruction for mechanical, electrical, radiological and chemical energy and systems control lockout and tag-out, and/or resolving work package restraints and bringing work packages to final closure.
- In accordance with applicable procedures and DOE orders and regulations, prepares, reviews and issues large and/or complex equipment and/or system modification work packages requiring integration and cross-teaming including team planning/team AHA, and facilitating discussions with SMEs.
- Reviews, understands and interprets various engineering, design, technical and vendor prints, drawings, schematics, documents, diagrams and specifications to ensure design information is sufficient to develop modifications for electrical/mechanical systems. Includes a physical walk down of the area or system to identify potential hazardous conditions or configuration anomalies.
- Analyzes time and material requirements for work activity. Prepares detailed material takeoffs/specifications for Material Service Requests/Bill of Materials and work activity labor estimates as well as Davis Bacon screening.
- Evaluates work scope for corrective maintenance work packages to ensure clear definition/scope and parameters.
- Prepares packages in response to structures, systems or components that have failed or are in a degraded condition. Develops step-by-step instructions for the work activity, performs hazard analysis of work scope at the task level and develops AHA to disposition hazard mitigation and controls at the task level, develops and submits work package/AHA review/approval routing list in accordance with established procedures.
- Secondary focus on developing and issuing preventive maintenance records and work packages. Prepares packages in response to periodic and predetermined maintenance schedules. Develops step-by-step instructions for the work activity including review of component history in CMMS and applicable Lessons Learned, performs hazard analysis of work scope and develops AHA, develops and submits work package review/approval routing list in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and/or reviews efficient and specific instructions for the isolation, containment or de-energization of various mechanical, physical, electrical, chemical energy systems or radiological sources according to established procedures, DOE orders and regulations relating to minimization of personnel exposure to potential hazardous energy.
- Performs various functional and administrative activities in conjunction work control/work package development. This may include, permit development, testing requirements, documentation generation, records management, database information management, retrieval and review, and training along with other areas specific to the department or division in which the position exists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science) and 2 years practical work experience in work control, E&I/mechanical maintenance or related areas OR
- Bachelor's degree in a non-technical discipline and 3 years practical work experience in work control, E&I/mechanical maintenance or related areas OR
- Associates degree in a technical or mechanical area and 5 years practical work experience in work control, E&I/mechanical maintenance or related areas OR
- High School diploma and 7 years practical work experience in work control, E&I/mechanical maintenance or related areas
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain site planner qualification card.
- Ability to coordinate the work of teams, set and meet goals and objectives and prioritize work.
- The ability to understand and interpret various electrical and mechanical documents, blueprints, drawings and schematics
- Working knowledge of DOE, Federal and state regulations as well as existing engineering and quality assurance standards and procedures. A comprehensive understanding of site work control procedures and work practices, radiological control, quality assurance, configuration management, material control and procedures for both maintenance and operations related areas.
- Thorough understanding from a conceptual level of various processes, systems, and equipment. Understanding of work hazards, safety practices, operating configuration and lockout point identification.
- Prior DOE Site work experience.
- Be familiar with software such as Microsoft, Asset Suite, and Puridiom.
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.