SOFTWARE ENGINEER (C & KERNEL DRIVERS & EMBEDDED ARM) - CONTRACT 6 MONTHS |
Location: Newport - United Kingdom
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Duration: 6 Months Contract
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
Essential Proven Ability
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing the client on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
- The primary focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Analytical - To identify and isolate errors in the product or system, their likely causes and solutions.
- Ingenuity - To work on his/her own on a complete design from concept to delivery, possibly across multiple projects.
- Must have proven ability of software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Must have proven ability of the full project lifecycle.
- Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
- Proven Ability of Requirements Management
- Proven Ability of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Proven Ability of using one or more of the following tools/development environments: Eclipse, GCC, GIT, SVM
WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)