Cost Engineer, Nuclear New Build, Bristol/Somerset|
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Cost Manager to undertake duties on a high profile infrastructure projects based in London, Paris and South West
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To Provide for the appropriateness of the sub-programme cost plan, estimates, budgets, actual costs, commitments, payments, and forecasts.
- Manage the monthly forecasting process providing an audit trial to support forecast changes by Control Account.
- Manage the delivery of cost and commercial reporting in line with the programmes reporting calendar and templates.
- Provide input to risk cost impact assessments, drawdown and retirement profiles, monitoring the status of sub-programme risk exposure.
- Investigate key cost drivers to identify opportunities for potential cost reductions.
- Preparation of the cost impact of EWNs, NCEs and PMIs.
- Liaise with related sub-programmes on relevant sub-programme cost matters in particular supporting the assessments for the transfer of work scope & budgets between sub-programmes.
- Support the review of the alignment of the time phase cost plan in the Contract Baseline and Performance Baseline to the Integrated Master Schedule.
- Tender response analysis providing an assessment on the completeness of the proposed costs, highlighting issues to be addressed.
- Support sub-programme reviews as required
- Support the development of appropriate sub-programme working practices.
- Work in adherence to the appropriate processes and sub-programme working practices / processes
In order to be able to carry out the duties of the role as required, candidates will be expected to demonstrate a thorough understanding/experience of the following:
- Budget management, cost forecasting, cost reporting, cashflow management, contingency drawdown, cost/schedule alignment, cost risk assessment, earned value understanding - preferably in a project controls style environment
- Previous nuclear experience would be an advantage.