|Job Ref:||1044348||Employer:||KBR, Inc.||Country:||Australia||City:||Sydney||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 21:00|
Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR) is a leading Defence and Government integrated support and training solutions provider. KBR Australia has been engaged in working with Defence in Australia for over 20 years and has developed core competencies in systems engineering, systems and enterprise architecture, project management and integrated logistics support, to provide technical and management assistance to a wide range of defence projects. |
KBR are currently seeking applications from experienced and enthusiastic individuals looking to further their career in the learning and development industry. The Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis and will be located in Sydney.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team in the design and development of contemporary learning solutions at a new training facility in Randwick, NSW. This project directly supports the Federal Government as a fundamental input for national capability.
This is a challenging role that will require the successful candidate to be a high-performing, self-starter who brings an established instructional design and eLearning development capability. Working to strict timelines, the successful candidate will need to rapidly integrate into the existing team and start producing high quality products in a short period of time.
• Design and develop contemporary, contextualised blended learning solutions to create 'job-ready' graduates
• Use commercial content development software (e.g. Lectora) to design and develop student-centric, engaging eLearning packages, including self-paced learning packages
• Transition existing courseware to industry-leading standard
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation, including establishment of learning packages that could integrate virtual and mixed reality technologies
• Understand and contribute to learning and development lifecycle to create effective learning packages from inception to evaluation
• Undertake analysis and research of training needs to identify optimal learning solutions
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and client to work efficiently and effectively
• Complete multiple, concurrent tasks and produce high quality outputs within an approved timeline
• Apply excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate ideas and critically analyse quality of outputs and processes
• Rapidly interpret subject matter and competency packages to identify needs, gaps and new requirements, particularly in relation to design and development of eLearning packages
• 3-5 years of experience in instructional design and / or eLearning development
• Demonstrated experience with Lectora (mandatory) and Adobe products. Examples are to be provided during interviews
• Demonstrated experience in developing learning solutions from analysis outputs
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
• General knowledge of adult learning theory is highly desirable
• TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (pref). Suitable candidates not in possession of this qualification will be required to complete requirements as soon as possible (may be facilitated post-join)
• Holds / Eligible for Department of Defence Security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
Benefits of KBR
KBR is an equal employment opportunity provider and offers many benefits to its employees: training and career development programs; mentoring and study assistance; competitive salary packaging; and supportive, family-friendly work environments.
Please click the 'Apply' button to lodge your application.