|Job Ref:||EMP375837||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Eastleigh||Address:||Salary:||£12 - £16/hour||Post Date:||21/10/2016 21:31|
Prysmian Cables are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician to support their busy Industrial factory near Southampton|
Our client, who are a global leading cable manufacturer, are looking to recruit an experienced Production Maintenance Technician with a Mechanical bias.
This is an excellent opportunity for a time served engineer with a sound foundation in all aspects of engineering specialising in Mechanical disciplines but with a knowledge of Electrical also. They will have good team working and communication skills and be able to organise and prioritise with confidence.
Main duties for the Maintenance Technician include:
• Diagnosing and fault finding on industrial plant and machinery
• Design, installation and commissioning of industrial plant and machinery
• Developing and implementing strategies to facilitate improved plant production availability
• Working closely with manufacturing and maintenance colleagues to improve the efficiency of production plant with adherence to Health & Safety and financial constraints
• Reporting to Management with responsibility for ensuring production efficiency
• A demanding role requiring excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise with absolute confidence
• Ability to communicate effectively under pressure must be attained at all times
• Working to a continuous shift pattern with necessary overtime responding to plant breakdown situations with quick and effective diagnosing of faults, complete preventative maintenance inspections and implemented action plans to stop reoccurring faults.
• Designing and installing and commissioning plant and machinery to improve production efficiency.
• Ability to safely move and handle plant and machinery using appropriate equipment/techniques.
• Good practical understanding of COSSH and Health & Safety at work.
Suitable candidates will have worked within as a Production Maintenance Technician previously and will preferably be time served. Hydraulic and pneumatic competence is a necessity as well as a competent knowledge level of various welding and brazing techniques
This position is initally for 2 months to cover for a member of staff who is unable to complete the required tasks
Hours: (Shift work)
7am - 7pm & 7pm - 7am (Monday to Sunday)
4 on/4 off shift system
£12.73 per hour + £3.61 per hour shift premium