|Job Ref:||EMP375799||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£54,000 - £67,000/year||Post Date:||21/10/2016 21:30|
A Project Manager Position has arisen with our client, one of the world’s leading manufacturers in their division. Their products are sold in over 100 countries around the world. From China to Europe, from Africa to the Americas, Along with their ongoing customer care and support service.|
To ensure the delivery excellence of individual European Technical Innovation Group projects. A project manager responsible for specific projects who:
• Interfaces to and liaises with customers and vendors for the project.
• Uses best practice project management principles.
• Manages the day to day project resources for his/her projects.
• Ensures the project team is using current document templates for all Design History File related documents.
• Ensures approval for all relevant Design History File related documents.
• Manages the project timeline, quality and cost criteria.
• Is responsible for the performance of the project team.
• Is responsible for mentoring the project management competence of other staff.
• Is responsible to and directed by Programme Manager.
• Attends appropriate management meetings to report on projects.
• Is responsible for compiling a monthly report on project status
• Arranges and chairs project teams meetings as appropriate.
• Managing the customer
• Managing budgets
• Managing projects
• Managing vendors
• Managing the people resource.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A minimum of 3 years experience managing technical / development projects.
• A background of working in controls, mechanical or automation environment.
• Sound understanding of project management principles and concepts such as would be obtained from advanced project management courses or qualifications
• Previous experience in managing project and capital expenditure budgets
Generic Skills (Additional Duties)
• Understanding of business information and business processes.
• Commercial awareness
• Customer and service orientation
• Quality/Work Standards
• Writing and Reporting
• Adheres to principles and values
• Practitioner of planning tools, techniques and processes
• Computer literate/ ability to use advanced PC tools
• Financially literate
• Conceptual thinking (innovative)
• Problem solving
Structured (Planning and Organising)
Job Title: Project manager