|Job Ref:||EMP375798||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||From £40,000/year||Post Date:||30/09/2016 21:30|
Act as lead designer on a variety of bridge strengthening, renewals and refurbishment projects and undertake the management of a small bridge design team.|
Detailed knowledge and experience of designs for Network Rail underline and overline bridges
• Provide design expertise to current standards
• Work effectively in a collaborative multidiscipline BIM environment
• Production of rail detailed bridge designs and structural assessments
• Checking and Approving where directed of detailed designs and drawings
• Undertake the duties of designer as highlighted in CDM legislation.
• Act as lead engineer for the management and delivery of design or assessment projects as directed
• Achieve the agreed targets regarding the effective delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards, within agreed timescales and budgets
• Ensure work is properly planned in accordance with the programme for delivery and Discipline Technical Work scope
• Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others.
• Any other reasonable duties as required.
Our client provides strategically important services to internal customers within their Group and works in partnership with external customers to deliver high quality, innovative and responsive solutions to meet their individual requirements across a wide range of market sectors. They are now focusing on significant growth within the industrial, energy and power industries and this role plays a significant part in developing key customer relationships in order to secure new business development opportunities and further development of innovative products and services associated with major civil, structural and architectural led projects.