|Job Ref:||EMP375822||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£18,000 - £24,000/year||Post Date:||21/10/2016 21:31|
Our client are looking for a Junior CAD Technician to join the Water team in their Bristol office. |
Relevant industry experience as a CAD Technician – working on a range of Water-related projects
The successful candidate will provide Computer Aided Design (CAD) support for the delivery of a wide variety of primarily, but not exclusively, Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Network projects within a multidisciplinary design team for several key clients.
Outline of role
• Ability to communicate technical subjects
• Drawing/ Detail production from Engineers sketches
• Take responsibility for drawing issues and daily housekeeping in terms of both digital and hard copy project file storage
• Responsible for ensuring delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes
• Able to develop engineering concept ideas into drawing details
• Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the CAD system is used effectively.
• Ensure that all drawing production is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
• Managing document control systems
• Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required
•5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A* – C including English, Maths, at least one science and a technology related subject.
•Completion of or part completion of A Levels or equivalent including Maths, English and a technology related subject would be preferable.
•Previous work experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
•Good communication skills, experience in dealing with other employees working as a member in project teams and delivering to external clients.
•Good computer and IT skills; use of Microsoft Office software is essential
•Relevant industry experience as a CAD Technician – working on a range of Water-related (or at least, Civil Engineering/Infrastructure) projects.
•Ability to prepare general arrangement, tender and construction issue information and drawings
•AutoCAD Civil 3D
•Good all round communication skills.
•Commitment to delivering quality products.
•Active interest in Civil Engineering.
•Ability to project a professional image, being reliable and punctual.
•Active interest in using computers for drawing and design work.
•Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
•Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met.
•Having a positive attitude and willingness to learn and develop new skills, take responsibility for personal development.
•Good problem solving skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.