|Job Ref:||R0011710||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheadle||Address:||Post Code:||SK8||Post Date:||30/09/2016 22:01|
Systems Engineer – Navigation|
As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our programmes include the world's most advanced, fully integrated, passive and active search and attack sonar suite fitted to the new Astute Class submarine.
The Systems Engineering team at Cheadle Heath carry out Systems Engineering activities covering the full lifecycle for Submarine, Surface Ships and Airborne Sonar and Command and Control systems.
A vacancy has arisen for a Systems Engineer to lead the Navigation Systems Integration activities, primarily within the growing Above-Water Systems (AWS) side of the business, on a new and exciting programme which concentrates on delivering a complete platform solution.
• The development and management of Requirements Specifications for the Subsystems level.
• Interfacing with the client, to define the content and format of test specifications.
• Interface specification definition
• Integration testing
• Defining of Test Specifications.
• Impact Analysis / Variation
• Compliance / Customer requirement resolution
• Interaction with key stakeholders.
• Provide technical specifications.
• Keep abreast of technical development both within and outside of the company.
• To assist Systems Engineering Group Manager to strengthen the engineering capabilities of the team.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Demonstrable relevant systems engineering experience in the relevant industry
• Complete platform delivery, i.e. platform-integration of equipment from various suppliers
• Knowledge of the complete system engineering lifecycle.
• Navigation Systems Integration
• Radar and navigation systems knowledge
• Knowledge of maritime domain operations and/or products
• Knowledge of platform C2 systems
• Experience of platform-integration activities in dockyards or equivalent
• Experience of close-working relationships with Suppliers
• Involvement with integration, test and acceptance activities
How to apply
If you are currently either a Systems Engineer with Navigation experience who is interested in providing a considerable contribution to our Systems team then please click apply.