|Job Ref:||TCEE-ZADB01148953||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||South Africa||City:||Durban||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 22:04|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business hold the number one global market position in eight if ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies and propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world. Our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment. |
We offer our specialists a modern, friendly, multinational environment and we encourage them to innovate.
If you are an international, innovating profile, apply for our exciting
Senior Commercial Manager (m/f) in Johannesburg (South Africa)
Purpose of the role:
The Senior Commercial Manager is responsible to lead the Project Core Team in the management of the commercial, contractual and claim aspects of Customer, Consortium/JV partner and supplier Contract(s). Normally reports to the Commercial Lead of the project who is the key contact to our Customers and Partners for all commercial aspects, wherever possible.
The Senior Commercial Manager provides the knowledge and tools to follow the contractual obligations and monitors their application in the Project Core Team. He or she ensures that Bombardier Transportation's rights resulting from contractual changes are properly captured and exercised.
The Senior Commercial Manager supports and provides guidance to Procurement concerning contractual issues involving Purchase Contracts (e.g. the placement of major Purchase Contracts, supplier non-conformity and variation order requests) and leads the preparation of major claims involving suppliers.
The Senior Commercial Manager is responsible to proactively identify value adding opportunities for both BT and the customer in order to improve the project's scope, delivery schedule, revenues and margin through effective management of the contract and the implementation of a variation order and change management processes. He or she prepares the strategy for variation orders and claims and co-leads negotiations.
• Key focus is on establishing and managing throughout the project lifecycle an obligation management matrix containing all contractual obligations towards and from the customer (and consortium partner). Provide training on the necessary commercial and contractual knowledge and skills to all Project Core Team members enable them performing their scope of work. Make sure that obligation owners are assigned in the Project Core Team and that the Project Core Team is constantly aware of the obligations' due dates.
• Ensures that lessons learned & best practices in commercial management are captured and made available for other projects and bids.
• Define and implement, jointly with the Project Manager, the external communication management process for the project ensuring that all communication to and from the customer (and consortium partner) is sent in accordance with the requirements of the contract(s) and BT's guidelines and directives. Make sure that all project communication and documentation is centrally stored in accordance with BT's archiving directives and the project communication management process.
• Participate in all Project Core Team, risk and opportunity, change control board and variation order meetings to ensure early identification of commercial risks and opportunities.
• Take ownership of all commercial and contractual risks and opportunities.
• Develop mitigation actions to manage commercial risks and develop enhancement actions to deliver opportunities.
• Ensure - together with the Project Change Manager contractual changes involving the customer, consortium partner, and supplier are properly notified in accordance with the contract and the BT Change Management process (e.g. issuance of notification/ variation order).
• Lead the management of Claims in accordance with the Claim Management process by devising effecting Claim preparation and negotiation strategies
• In close co-operation with Contracts & Legal, support and provide guidance to Procurement concerning the placement of all major Purchase Contracts to ensure back-to-back coverage with customer contract is achieved or proper mitigation actions are put in place for any remaining gaps.
• Support the ongoing commercial management of the Purchase Contracts once placed (e.g. supplier non-conformity and variation order requests)
• Establish and implement, jointly with the Project Manager, the Project Commercial strategy towards the Customer, Consortium Partner/Joint Venture partners and Key Suppliers
• National Diploma in Engineering, Law, Quantity Surveying or Business. A tertiary qualification and commercial / operational experience. Post graduate commercial qualifications are well regarded.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in relevant role
• Working experience in Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Contracts, Bids or Sales
• Experience in working in a multicultural environment (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc.)
• Hands on experience in several projects and/ or bids
• Proven track record in commercial management, ideally in similar business areas (e.g. railways, construction, oil & gas, technology, energy)
• Strong communication, diplomacy skills, ability to guide and negotiate
• English business fluent is mandatory for this role.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation?
If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.