The Technical Sales Trainer position works in conjunction with, typically two Territory Sales Managers to ensure that technical trainings for dealers and distribution are conducted on a regular basis within the assigned territory. They ensure that our entire product line is represented within the territory and the technical aspects are thoroughly communicated with relevant individuals/companies within the territories. They are also responsible for sales within the territory and commissionable relative to the percent to budget within the territory.
- Monday only should be an office day.
- Expense Reports should be done Monday between 8:00am and 9:00am and I should have no more than 1 week of expenses reported each week by 9:00am. Expense reports are to be filled out in accordance with company policy.
- Attend the weekly conference call at 9:00am central each Monday prepared to discuss the previous week’s events and your schedule for the current week.
- Tuesday thru Friday you should be travelling within your territory.
- You should coordinate your schedule, and make it available to the two TSM’s assigned to your territory.
- You must conduct 2-3 trainings per week within your assigned territory.
- When not conducting trainings, you should be visiting customers within the territory. 3-4 visits per day are required.
- Opportunities unearthed will be discussed with the TSM for that location.
- You should coordinate your travel in conjunction with the two TSM’s in your territory to ensure that you are not visiting the same dealers or covering the same area.
- Alternate your travel to spend a week in your major metropolitan areas and 2-3 days in your smaller areas.
- I would expect secondary markets to be visited a t a minimum of 1 time per month for no less than 2-3 days.
- You should put together a schedule for the following month. This should be a rotating schedule that has you visiting the same location every 8 weeks for example. (If necessary, work with me to develop a schedule within your territory)
- Call reports will be submitted in the proper format by Friday at 5:00pm; by Monday at noon if you are training on the previous Friday.
- Training Classes should be scheduled and promoted via mass e-mail, fliers, and personal invites.
- A half day training class should be followed by 1-2 customer visits.
- A full list of names with company information should be collected for every class.
- Conduct assigned webex trainings per your assigned schedule and as required.
- Make yourself available for a weekly call with me to discuss progress.
- All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma with 2 years of related work experience
Proficient in written and verbal communications. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, E-Mail Communications, Fax and laptops.