Senior Sales and Use Tax Analyst |
In this key position, the Sales Tax Analyst will be interacting with internal and external business partners worldwide to support daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sales tax notices, tax questions requirements. Process the monthly sales tax compliance to the external tax service provider; assist all the sales & use tax audits, other special projects, as required by the Tax Manager. Reconcile the sales tax payable accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
- Process the monthly sales tax compliance and send the tax data to outside consultant tax service provider, including reconciliations and payments.
- Prepare reconciliations of related sales and use tax to general ledger accounts
- Prepare sales tax payments and use tax journal entries for the Accounting team to post the journal entries into Oracle.
- Manage use tax process to identify tax exempt purchases.
- Review form W-9 withholding tax documentation for completeness and validity.
- Conduct tax research as necessary to respond to tax business partner, customer, or audit inquiries.
- Support tax manager in Sales & Use Tax Audits
- Assist pre sales and use tax audits before other state audits come.
- Review the amended sales tax returns prepared by outside consultant
- Coordinate with the outside service provider to prepare business licenses and annual reports.
- Prepare annual Unclaimed Property
- Assist in other sales tax projects as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics or equivalent experience required
- 3 to 5 years experience in sales & use tax area.
- Oracle experience with knowledge and experience with Oracle R12 Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger preferred.
- Strong communication, analytical, written and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external business partners
- MS Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Independent, self-starter but also a team player
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across functional business organizations and levels
- Strong analytical skills with ability to present issues and provide concise solutions
- Ability to organize and track multiple projects and workflows simultaneously
- Detail oriented even while working under pressure to meet deadlines.