Telecoms Spectrum Re-Farm Project Manager|
The Role: A pro-active driven PM who will work with Senior Stakeholders across a number of technical functions within Client to deliver the required changes to time, cost and quality.
Project Manage the spectrum recovery and redeployment activities following completion of a network trial. The project will provide recovery and redeployment of spectrum across a number of key cities using the information gained from the Lincoln trial.
Recover 5MHz of the existing GSM900 spectrum and 5MHz of the existing UMTS2100 spectrum to enable additional UMTS900 and LTE2100 capacity and capability in a more spectrally efficient manner. Re-farming the spectrum in this way will improve both voice quality and data capacity in the radio network. It will improve the overall efficiency of the radio network, thereby making best use of spectral assets and driving customer service and satisfaction.
The key deliverables from this work are:
Project Manager Job Duties:
- Recover 5MHz from the GSM900 frequency band and redeploy for UMTS900 use
- Recover 5MHz from the UMTS2100 frequency band and redeploy for LTE2100 use
- Matrix manage the delivery of required radio design function activities
- Assist regional teams with their plans for redeployment of the recovered spectrum
- Prepare for wider scale recovery and re-deployment in other (to be defined) cities
- Work with technical design and implementation teams to create and deliver project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project and ensure alignment with other organisational activities that interface with the project
- Competent in named Project Methodology e.g. Prince2 or APM Practitioner.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant senior stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project.
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; managing budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Matrix manage design and implementation teams to define and document questions, liaise with business via email, IM or phone to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Provide appropriate and timely progress reports to allow prioritisation of matrix managed teams within wider business priorities?
- Submit weekly / monthly project status reports to stakeholders using defined toolsets.
- Be aware of other works in the same area to anticipate and react to change.
- Active Listening, Coaching, Decision Making, Interpersonal Communication, Judgement, Management of Financial Resources, Monitoring, Persuasion, Resource Management, Time Management, Vision