|Job Ref:||28706BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Missouri||City:||
Kansas City ||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 01:03|
The successful candidate will provide technical, environmental, and financial assessment of multiple types of assets, including, but not limited to conventional, oil & gas, transmission, and renewable energy projects on behalf of tax equity investors, lenders, private equity, and other investors. The successful candidate will be responsible for data analysis and initial preparation of deliverables to contribute to the completion of an engagement. Works with limited to moderate supervision and/or may lead a small effort or project team. |
This position will report to the transaction services team within the advisory and planning offering. The candidate will perform numerous tasks, including but not limited to, assistant manage teams and project efforts, conduct site visits, and supporting client requests.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Black & Veatch Management Consulting, LLC (BVMC) is selectively expanding within one of the world's most respected engineering, consulting and construction management firms. We seek an independent engineering consultant level professional, preferably with power experience, to join more than 300 consultants, regulatory policy advisors, technology specialists, and internationally respected subject matter experts. The consulting practice services within a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach that integrates strategic, operations, financial and process-based advisory services to private and investor-owned energy companies, municipalities, government agencies, and financial institutions. The consulting practice provides services in the world wide power generation, electric, oil & gas, renewable and water market segments.
The individual should have 4 plus years consulting or power generation experience (plant operations, engineering, consulting, and/or management) and have a solid working knowledge of coal, gas turbine, oil & gas, and/or renewable energy technologies. Knowledge and experience with: plant inspections, outage assessment, plant and portfolio budget processes, equipment condition assessment, capital project assessments, reliability/availability assessments, conducting field observations, performance assessments, financial analysis and models, power generating technologies, as well as, a general understanding of electric power commercial and regulatory practices. Comfort dealing with power generation asset owners, asset/portfolio managers, plant management and field personnel, technology experts and other consultants is essential. Individual will be working with an internal multi-discipline team of engineers, consultants, and financial analysts. Experience with or exposure to large commercial banks, private equity and energy developers during financing transactions is a plus. Experience with renewable energy and energy storage technologies is a plus.
Additional capabilities desired for successful candidate include:
• Ensures individual contributions are aligned with project manager's direction and client needs and consistent with overall engagement objectives
• Understands and consistently meets project management/client expectations within scope of engagement role by responding promptly and professionally to their inquiries
• Applies methods or recognized equivalent as appropriate to meet the specific needs of the client and engagement demands
Industry Knowledge Capability:
• Applies detailed knowledge of a distinct area of expertise to produce work products
• Develops and presents recommendations and alternatives to the client by leveraging technical or functional knowledge or prior experience in the chosen business area
• Uses expertise to integrate findings from research and develops alternative solutions
• Presents alternatives and recommendations to client or team
• Proactively develops additional knowledge applicable to the area of expertise
• Support project manager in managing the delivery of an engagement
• Identifies and assess risks and participates in developing mitigation strategies. Escalates significant issues to project manager
• Contributes to the development of a project plan for team or sub-engagement
• Raises scope change concerns to project manager based on the contractual terms of the engagement
Billable Hours and earned PGM target established in annual goal setting process. Generally works on 1-4 concurrent projects at a given time. Possible travel up to 100% at times.
Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience. Master's Degree preferred. Typically 4+ years experience in a business/consulting environment.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Location is flexible but New York, Houston or Kanas City highly preferred.
Willingness to travel up to 100%.
Individual should have experience and qualifications that are usually gained through experience as a consultant, engineer or plant engineer. Proficient technical knowledge in one or more target industries. Knowledge base in one or more solution areas. Good general knowledge of customers in one or more target industries. Proficiency in one or more aspects of consulting processes. An engineering degree (preferred) or other technical degree is required. MBA is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females