Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||28715BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Moon Township||Address:||Post Date:||01/10/2016 01:02|
Contract with the potential to convert to permanent. Functions in a mid level Market Lead engineering capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Vendor Management is 40%
Plan Review/production-Site Solutions 30%
Budget Management is 20%
Site Walks is 10%
The Market Lead Engineering Specialist's primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with the Engineer Manager and the design/engineering team on the production of high quality deliverables on telecommunications projects, in accordance with engineering practices and Divisional policies.
Additionally, the Engineering Specialist will:
1. Help lead the delivery of our work products and services to our Client's satisfaction.
2. Work closely with the Engineer Manager, Site Acquisition personnel, and Construction Managers in delivering projects that meet budget, scope, schedule, and quality goals.
3. Help manage and administrate Vendor Purchase Orders and approve invoices for 3rd Party A/E services for all Turf projects.
4. Develop good working relationships and communications with the Engineering Manager, Site Acquisition personnel, Construction Managers, Client representatives and Engineering Vendors.
Responsibilities identified herein define the minimum expectations for the position of Engineering Specialist.
• Keep the Engineer Manager, Market A/E team, Site Acquisition & Construction personnel fully advised as to progress of the work and any developments involving change in the scope of the contract work or otherwise which could affect the contract requirements and fee and/or Client relationships.
• Review the Client's comments and success parameters and verify that the Client's concerns are addressed. Check for impact on schedules, budget, and construction cost, and advise the Turf Director of any needed changes.
• Monitor and evaluate quality and progress of A&E subcontractor's work and self-performed work.
• Attend Joint-Scoping meetings.
• Attend Client review meetings.
• Attend Jurisdiction review meetings as required.
• Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular update of such to the project team.
• Consult with and advise the Engineering Manager, Site Acquisition and Construction Managers, regarding any questions raised in connection with the work.
• Maintain liaison with the Kansas City Production team, Site Acquisition team, and Construction Managers regarding constructability, design, and operations and communicate lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and the project team.
• Support the Engineering Manager and market personnel in maintaining contact with the Client to monitor experience with project, Client's satisfaction, and suggestions.
Records & Project Close-out
• Maintain project records and files, in Documentum and Quickbase.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience, prefer 6+ years Civil Engineering experience.
Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
Wireless Telecom industry experience preferred
Site plan production/design - site equipment experience
Background in managing processes and working closely with vendors
AT&T specific wireless/wireline knowledge is highly preferred
Project Management experience
Team Leadership Experience
Vendor management experience
Preferred Non-Technical (Lominger) Competencies:
• Learning on the Fly
• Problem Solving
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Written Communications
• Drive For Results
• Decision Quality
• Dealing with Ambiguity
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
• Basic knowledge of other disciplines
• Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
• Basic knowledge of procurement & contract administration
• Basic knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
• Basic knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females