Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2857291||Employer:||Hays Plc||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gravesend||Address:||Post Code:||DA12||Salary:||35000||Post Date:||01/10/2016 01:39|
An opportunity for an Architectural Technician has come available in Gravesend. |
An established planning and architectural practice based in Gravesend is seeking an Architectural Technician. A small to medium sized practice with a proven track record of delivering successful solutions for a wide range of clients throughout the UK, including private individuals, home-builders, developers and local authorities.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with in-house Architects and Planners and other, external building professionals, providing architectural design services and solutions on construction projects. Be a specialist in the
science of architecture, building design and construction. Be responsible for developing an architectural project and managing and delivering the requirements of RIBA Stage 4 in particular.
Main responsibilities include:
• Collating and organising technical information
• Investigating technical information and factors that affect developments, including user needs, site and building surveys and regulatory requirements
• Monitoring health and safety in design
• Preparing regulatory applications
• Preparing design proposals using CAD and traditional methods
• Contributing to the detailed design process and co-ordinating detailed design information
• Preparing specifications for construction work
• Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
• Contributing to design stage risk assessment
• Making site visits
• Obtaining tenders for construction work
• Contributing to meetings and document preparation
• Liaising between members of the design and construction team
• Providing professional technical guidance to design and construction teams
A high level of design skills is essential and an ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of UK planning rules and building regulations as they relate to residential projects. Applicants must have UK work experience and have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, free parking with the possibility of continuous work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.