|Job Ref:||16000397||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:05|
Global System Engineering Tool Architect |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Global System Engineering Tool Architect. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Engineering Projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Applies highly specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned areas and projects in one or more of the following areas: development and maintenance system level requirements; development of system level verification and validation plans; architecture and generation of concept designs and functional allocation of system requirements; and/or development of system interface agreements, installation / application guidelines and quality assurance procedures.
• Leads large or multiple engineering projects.
• Performs as the local technical expert for one or more engineering specialties.
• Solves complex problems impacting multiple projects.
• Communicates with and influences key external stakeholders and business leaders.
• Drives and manages system level requirements for projects or programs.
• Makes critical project or product related decisions.
• Collaborates with industry peers within their discipline.
• Advances the state of the practice for the technical discipline.
• Sets strategic direction for a program or technical discipline.
• Advises and transfers knowledge of engineering discipline; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
• Advises leaders regarding the identification and resolution of complex problems.
Skills & Experience Required:
Product Integration, Verification & Validation - Understands the basics of integration, verification, and validation concepts including component testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, test planning and documentation, and test environment. Has led the creation or mapping of tests to requirements and needs for several projects. Has led the creation of system test plans balanced with budget and appropriate risk mitigations.
Product Risk Management - Understands the basics of risk management concepts including risk identification, risk management planning, and risk monitoring. Has led the production of product-specific risk items likely to compromise a project's success, and led the development of strategies to mitigate or control the risks. Has mentored others in risk management.
Requirements Engineering - Understands the basic terminology used in requirements engineering. Has leadership experience in the development and maintenance of requirements for a component, sub-system, or process. Has had accountability for the overall development and maintenance of requirements on their project and for the capability of all Requirements Engineering processes, people, and tools within their extended project team.
Systems Definition And Design - Understands the basics of the system design process including requirements allocation and architecture definition, capability determination through system modeling and testing. Has experience applying these skills in several system design projects and has directed others in the process.
Concept Design/Architecture - Performs concept design/architecture at an advanced level. Proficient in the application of concept design/architecture in a wide range of work situations. Able to lead the application of concept design/architecture. Able to train and coach others in the development of concept design/architecture skills and knowledge.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
Masters, PhD or equivalent advanced degree in Engineering required. Green Belt certification required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .