Field Service Manager |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Cummins is looking for an extraordinary Field Service Manager in our Rocky Hill, CT location. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime .
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
- Manages Field Service operations, which provides retail or distributor product or application services.
- Manages department personnel along with the departmental budget.
- Manages all operations including service staff and supervisors; resolves most complex business problems for those on the team.
- Provides employees timely and constructive performance feedback; develops employees and provides opportunities that enhance employee career growth.
- Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Regularly reviews key performance indicators for service operations and addresses issues and opportunities.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets company standards and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Identifies trends and initiates changes/improvements necessary to achieve goals and objectives while ensuring customer needs are met without interruption to service levels.
- Established positive and professional working relationships with key customers.
- Establishes goals and targets for the service operations; measures, reviews and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Performance Measurements - Using business performance measurement to drive manager behavior. Calculates performance measurement appropriately as part of their work. Can explain the proper interpretation of measures in a business context. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures. Is able to perform effectively with assistance from specialist.
- Service Cross-Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Warranty/Policy Support - Aware of the corporate warranty system and Marketing structure basics to support OEMs, Distributors and End User customers to maintain excellent partnerships and relationships.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
- Manage Execution - Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of managing execution. Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows. Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring.
- Claims Management Systems - Demonstrated knowledge of Cummins warranty systems and coverage's. Ability distinguish between warranty, policy, distributor liability, and customer liability.
- Working Capital Management - Use working capital management knowledge appropriately as part of their work. Knowledge of the cash conversion cycle and how accounts receivables, accounts payable, and inventory effect the cycle as well as the techniques for improving working capital and the metrics that can be used to monitor performance. Is able to perform effectively under the guidance/limited assistance from functional specialist.
- Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Significant level of relevant experience, including supervisory experience, required.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website