Have you ever thought about discovering the Australian top end and making a move to Darwin? |
GHD Darwin is looking for a Hydrogeologist to provide a range of services to our clients across the Northern Territory. You'll be a part of the growing Environment and Water team with the responsibility of developing our hydrogeological services and build groundwater capabilities in the Northern Territory.
While this role is predominantly office base we can assure you that you will get some amazing opportunities to experience the 'top end' of Australia. One day you might head out to visit a remote community and the next month head off to a mine site.
Details of the role
- supervision of technical staff and subcontractors
- support to staff with preparation of materials for local marketing and business development
- establish and maintain hydrogeological databases and development of hydrogeological models
- assessment and analysis of technical data including the use of computer-based applications for data storage and assessment, as a basis for the design of hydrogeological systems
- project management and preparation of budgets, work programs, technical submissions and reports
- preparation of proposal and registrations of interest for projects containing hydrogeological or earth science components
What you will bring
If you're looking for a lifestyle change which would see you living in a tropical environment where travelling to work will take less than 20 minutes then this might be your next move.
- 5 years relevant experience
- knowledge of conceptual groundwater modelling
- technical skills in groundwater impact assessments and groundwater resource evaluations
- experience in supervision of technical staff, drilling and other subcontractors skills in planning, coordination and implementation of hydrogeological investigations and designs
- solid understanding of numerical model development including conceptualisation, data collection, processing and interpretation, model construction, calibration, operation and validation
- proficiency in the development and use of numerical groundwater flow and transport models and associated pre - and post - processors (eg. MODFLOW, MT3D)
Join a highly-motivated team of 8500 people who collaborate across the world to enhance the quality of communities in which people live and work.
To apply for this position please submit your application via the link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Rowena Hunter, People Manager on 61 8 89820149.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position