|Job Ref:||20538BR||Employer:||Hatch||Industry:||Civil and Structural||City:||St. John's, NL||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:00|
SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and looking for a Junior,Intermediate and Senior Civil Engineers.|
The Civil Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects.
The Civil Engineer participates in a wide range of projects that may cover Mines,earthworks, road and rail design and associated bridges, airstrips, villages, marine terminals, utilities including pump stations, dams, drainage and permanent way layouts.
The Civil Engineer is responsible for preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports for both front end planning studies and the detailed engineering phase for multi-disciplinary projects.
• Assist the Lead Civil Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, quantities, cost and schedule
• Prepare Engineering Work Packages (EWPs) in consultation with the Lead Civil Engineer
• Perform conceptual and detailed engineering design
• Prepare engineering calculations
• Prepare technical specifications
• Prepare data sheets
• Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
• Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates
• Prepare and/or review project procedures, standard specifications and design criteria
• Participate in and contribute to design reviews
• Carry out assigned tasks within budget and schedule
• Stamp documents and drawings as required and if appropriately registered
• Assist in defining project scope
• Review and evaluate technical work prepared by junior engineers,
• Ensure co-ordination with designers and engineers within the civil discipline and with other disciplinesConstruction supervision and management dependent upon project demands
• Assist in the commissioning on site as required
• Assist in compilation and incorporate the safety in design plan.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc/NA degree in civil engineering
• Registration as a professional engineer. Alternatively, registration as a candidate professional engineer actively working towards professional registration
• Minimum five years project engineering experience
• Experience in civil design/consultancy ideally within a similar large engineering or multi-disciplinary project environment
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Ability to function with minimal supervision
• Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
• Good safety awareness.
• Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others
• Experience in the use of Hatch procedures, adopted standard software and workflows in the execution of projects.
White we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.