Job Location USA - TX-San Antonio
Required Clearance TS/SCI
Posted Date 9/28/2016 3:38:00 PM
Responsibilities for this Position:
Do you want to be a part of a network team supporting our Nation's Cyber initiatives• Do you want to challenge your networking skills and experience by supporting multiple Communities of Interests• If so, General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an exciting career opportunity for you as a Network Engineer in our San Antonio, TX location. In this role you will:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical oversight of the creation and maintenance of all networking configurations and data files
- Provide day-to-day communication/network security operation and maintenance of multiple secure network infrastructures
- Troubleshoot, develop and design network architectures consisting of multilevel access and multilevel security platforms supporting both CONUS and OCONUS sites
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot Cisco routers, switches, VOIP systems, video teleconferencing, and various other network and telecommunication components
- Analyze and determine corrective action for secure data communications networks
- Troubleshoot, create and/or install 10/100/1000 Base T and fiber optic wiring as needed in support of network systems
- Implement US government COMSEC standards and practices
- Program, install, load, and troubleshoot KG-175 Taclane's
- Operate General Dynamics' GEMX application
- Implementation of Tempest standards
- SNMPv3 network monitoring applications
- Create/modify Microsoft Visio network diagrams
- Adapt to changing environments and coordinate large scale implementations using available resources
- Perform work tasks as assigned
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all communications security configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- Develop, maintain and analyze network architecture designs
- Monitor key system metrics to identify trends and analysis
- Lead major project initiatives and develop configurations using expertise in routing protocols, firewalls, datacenter protocols, security requirements and network virtualization
- Design, develop, build, and test network engineering solutions as part of a team that introduces new technologies and/or improves existing technologies in compliance with established project management processes
- Ensure that the solutions are fully documented and in compliance with applicable security requirements for the classification level of the system
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or related field and 7 years of demonstrated results or equivalent experience. Full experience within own IT field and applications is required.
The successful Network Engineer must have:
- Expertise in routing protocols, TCP/IP protocols, security requirements and network communications.
- Expertise with network monitoring and reporting tools and technology
- Considered to be an expert, authority in discipline
- Expertise in Tier III support
- Familiarity with applicable DISA, IC, and coalition security requirements documents such as STIGS
- Expertise with CISCO Routers, Switches, WAN Protocols (EIGRP), QOS, LAN and Data Center Protocols (Spanning -Tree, Fabric-enabled technologies, VoIP to support Data, Voice and Video)
- Extensive experience with VTC systems to include Tandberg and Polycom
- Experience with Voice Over IP (VoIP)
- Familiarity with DMVPM
- Familiarity with general Unix OS functionality
- Hands-on configuration experience with KG-175's
- Experience adapting to changing environments and coordinate large scale implementations using available resources
- Experience working helpdesk functions
- Experience with technical writing IE: SOPs, technical proposals, etc.
- Experience with Visio
- Experience with Network monitoring, preferably Solarwinds
This position requires a TS/SCI clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Applicants must meet DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAT-II or higher
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.