WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Senior Train Control Engineer for our San Francisco office.
Job duties would include:
• Ensure that company technical policies and procedures are practiced during the execution of projects for clients.
• Project work would include train control systems for Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Commuter Rail, Mass Transit and High Speed Rail Projects.
• Utilizes sound electrical and train control engineering practices to develop designs and reports.
• Prepares train control system studies.
• Develop and review designs and technical specifications.
• Develop cost estimates and projections
• Participate in project working meetings
• Review shop drawings, record changes and communicate directly with suppliers, contractors and client representatives as required.
• Support the installation and testing of train control system components and software.
• Perform site investigations in train control facilities and along trackside.
• Identify construction costs trending out of budget.
• Work location would include both Home Office and short term travel to Cities installing or planning to install Electrified Transit Systems. Long term field assignments are also available.
• Actively participates in professional organizations and/or client groups where the technical reputation and image of the firm may be enhanced.
• Minimum 3 years of experience of the design, construction, testing and commissioning of Train Control Systems and Equipment with a Transit Authority, Signaling Manufacturer, or Engineering firm, i.e.:
• Detailed design of signal systems, both plans and specifications
• Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), Positive Train Control (PTC), Automatic Train Supervision (ATS), Automatic Train Protection (ATP), Automatic Train Operation (ATO), Solid State Interlocking (SSI), Cab Signaling and/or conventional signaling systems
• Vital and non-vital processor programming
• Grade crossing warning systems
• Cable plan design and field equipment layout.
• Expertise in several phases of the train control systems development life cycle, including: analysis, design, implementation, commissioning, factory, field and acceptance testing (preferably on both re-signaling and Greenfield projects)
• Familiarity with design drawings and specifications for train control systems and related equipment.
• Verify circuit design and detail engineering to ensure the functional, safety and statutory requirements per contract specifications are met.
• Knowledge of CENELEC, IRSE, FRA and/or AREMA standards for train control system design.
• Experience working on large transit/railroad projects.
• Experienced in the design and/or integration of train control systems into transit facilities and vehicles
• Knowledge of train control system analysis software is a plus.
• Familiarity with train control products from key suppliers (e.g. Siemens, Thales, Alstom, Bombardier, Ansaldo) in the market.
• Able to work in design office, vendor's premises, project office and field environments.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with others, including multidisciplinary staff in different offices.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Must possess a valid driver's license
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• BSCEE / Electrical Engineering Degree or related field preferred. This requirement may be waived if exceptional experience is demonstrated.
• Professional Engineering or Chartered Engineering License preferred
• Ability to work in this country immediately required.