Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
The primary role of the Special Hazards/Suppression Sales Representative is to maintain and grow sales within a defined customer base and geographical territory.
- Develop sales strategies to meet objectives.
- Establish contact with prospects and prioritize/qualify potential buyers.
- Determine customer needs and develop a strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
- Price and quote systems installations as well as retrofit work.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed plan objectives.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for the successful closing of a sale.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow up sales.
- Report progress and supply metrics to operations and corporate teams on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Assume responsibility, including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company’s image.
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years Sales experience in Special Hazard System sales or similar field experience in the industry.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical knowledge of special hazard/sprinkler systems (design or installation) preferred aptitude to learn applicable codes.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows 7 / Office 2010.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player.
- Ability to build new business associations/relationships and grow the Special Hazards business.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
- Familiarity with blueprints, understanding current NFPA 72, 2001, 75, 76 and applicable standards and codes.
- Experience in the procurement cycle within the industrial/mining space is a plus.
- NICET Level III a plus.
- Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening.