|Job Ref:||204717542||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£30000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 03:23|
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) with experience of maintaining Automated Materials Handling Equipment required for a permanent role with a global company in the South Leicester, Leicestershire area. Salary is negotiable plus excellent benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) working Mon - Fri double days (5am-1pm/2pm-10pm). This is a fantastic opportunity, with security & long term career prospects.|
Job Objective: The Maintenance Engineer will be required to carry out reactive and preventative maintenance roles on all material handling equipment (MHE). The candidate must have a solid background and understanding of both mechanical and electrical components/systems.
The successful Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias) day to day duties will include:
* Close working and assistance to the MHE supplier till completion of the project "Go-Live"
* Preventative maintenance activities in accordance with OEM specifications
* Reactive maintenance and trouble shooting
* Daily shift cover to support the operation
* Providing technical support to improve existing & future designs/ functionality
* Working to achieve business, personal and engineering KPI's
* Safe working in accordance with all UK laws & regulations
* Coaching and leadership of apprentices.
To be suitable for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias) role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
* Completed relevant engineering apprenticeship
* Recent experience as a Maintenance Engineer in a manufacturing, distribution or warehouse environment.
* Qualified to C&G 17th
* Background of working on automated conveyor systems.
* Computer literate when using Microsoft packages and experience of CMMS packages.
* Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing).
* Able to work under pressure, excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process.
To be more suitable for this Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
* HNC or higher Electrical / Multi-skilled Engineering qualification.
* Experience of maintaining PLC's (Siemens S7)
* Mechanical engineering qualifications
* Experience of planning and scheduling preventative maintenance.
* Previously held a position such as Maintenance Supervisor or Engineering Team Leader.
Salary & Benefits:
* Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
* 22 days holiday + b/holidays - increasing 1 day a year to max of 26 days + b/holidays
* Excellent Company Pension
Key Words: Electrical Engineer, Electrical Maintenance, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Planned Preventative Maintenance, PLC's, Siemens, S7, 17th Edition, Fault Finding, PPM, Manufacturing, Distribution, Automated Materials Handling, Computerised Maintenance Management System, AMH, Materials Handling Equipment, MHE, Conveyors, CMMS Leicester, Leicestershire
The successful Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to cover for weekends / on call, work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated / pro-active, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested in Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button