|Job Ref:||204720788||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£29000 - £30000/annum free lunch, 27 days holiday||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:02|
Maintenance Supervisor - Amazing Opportunity - Historic Building - Client Direct - London - Up To 30K|
Have you ever wanted to find that "job for life"?
Would you like to work at a truly amazing venue in Central London?
If so, please read on......
A unique client are currently looking to recruit a maintenance supervisor to work across a large estates based in Central London.
The maintenance supervisor will provide day-to-day supervision to the teams (in-house and contractor) and will be responsible for undertaking planned, cyclical and reactive maintenance works, minor projects across the estate.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
* Be responsible for scheduling, allocating and overseeing the day-to-day work of the in-house team, working with the Operations Engineers to provide co-ordination across the property management functions.
* Supervise and review the work of the in-house team to ensure that activities are completed on time and to agreed quality and safety standards.
* Provide instruction, advice, guidance and coaching to all team members in order to meet individual and departmental objectives.
* Oversee the day-to-day work of external contractors.
* Ensure rooms are checked prior to functions/events and that any temporary facilities are in place in order to meet requirements.
* Evaluate the PPM programme and support the Operations Engineers to ensure (internal and external) surveys, inspections and tests are scheduled and carried out at appropriate intervals
* Promote a culture of risk awareness and appropriate management.
* Schedule materials required for works undertaken by in-house staff and be responsible for the procurement of all necessary items (quotes, submitting requisitions, placing orders and good receipts) as and when required.
* Maintain tool inventories, equipment manuals and warranties for the in-house team as required.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
* Possess a City and Guilds or NVQ qualification (or equivalent) in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline, and have demonstrable property maintenance experience gained in an environment of occupied spaces.
* Experience of working on multi-site estates and with historic / listed buildings would be a real advantage.
* Proven supervisory skills demonstrated through the supervision of in-house teams and contractor relationships.
* Proven experience in establishing and maintaining good stakeholder/customer relationships, with excellent communication skills and an approachable attitude.
* Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of maintenance services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement.
* Organised, self motivated and flexible.
* A proven ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives.
* IT literate with a working knowledge of MS Office.
* Ideally experience of working with a Building Management System.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business