|Job Ref:||204719472||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||DE5||Address:||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:02|
Lab Technician / Materials Testing / Customer Support |
My client specialises in the design and manufacture of high-performance testing equipment. The machines are designed, built and tested at their manufacturing site in Ripley, and they are looking for a highly organised and adaptable lab technician with good administration and customer service skills to join their in-house team.
The main purpose of the job is;
- To identify the required equipment to meet the customer enquiry.
- To produce costings and generate quotations.
- To produce and maintain the product database and datasheets which support the quotations.
- Product training (internal and external customers).
This position would best suite a Civil Engineering Lab Technician who is involved in the administration activities of the Laboratory. Applicants must have good IT skills, be able to work to tight deadlines, be flexible in their approach to the work load, and be able to manage their work load with minimum supervision. The use of various tools within Microsoft office, Word, PowerPoint and other graphics tools to produce the datasheets will be required.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Providing the customer- with the best solution for their enquiry
- Identify the relevant equipment required - quote the best solution at the best price to maximise margins.
- Produce quotations.
- Produce and maintain the database of Technical Literature, to be used to support the quotation.
- Place and track orders on suppliers to ensure the customer receive the goods within the quoted timescale.
- In house training on the testing equipment and occasional training at customers? site. Equipment is supplied worldwide and there may be some foreign travel. Although this is only occasional, applicants MUST be willing to travel.
Applicants should have a sound knowledge of current test procedures within a multi materials testing laboratory, and be comfortable dealing with suppliers and customers by email, phone and face to face meetings