|Job Ref:||204719694||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Woodside||Address:||Post Code:||AB24||Salary:||£32000 - £36000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:01|
Job Overview: A leading tier 1 supplier to the Automotive sector are seeking a quality engineer experienced in APQP, PPAP with TS16949 experience.|
Role expires on 21/10/2016
• Support or lead quality improvement initiatives.
• Coordinate the receipt, response and monitoring of quality concern reports from the customer using portals where required.
• Implement containment actions, root cause analysis and permanent long term actions using 8D.
• Ensure that product inspection procedures and reports are accurately and timely completed ensuring complete traceability.
• Provide technical support to production staff on quality requirements.
• Provide support in the maintenance of documentation in order to comply with TS16949.
• Coordinate, maintain and interpret statistical information issued by suppliers in order to comply with customer requirements and specifications.
• Lead multi-departmental design and process FMEA sessions.
• Review effectiveness of product verification and validation activities.
• Drive product development project lessons learnt sessions.
• Ensure product based Customer Specific Requirements SC's CC's and any other important drawing data is communicated and understood.
• Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Project Quality are followed and delivered as required using APQP process.
• Ensure all aspects of Plant Quality are followed and delivered as required.
• Ensure all aspects of Customer Quality are followed and delivered as required.
• Lead audit activities which may mean at customers, suppliers or internally.
• Work to KPI targets as per the business needs.
• Drive, lead or support supplier improvements and supplier concerns.
• Ensure that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organisation is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
• Drive and support the development and maintenance of a customer-focused culture within the organisation.
• Delivering quality training activities as and when required.
• Undertake special projects as and when required.
• Support Accounts department in resolving any quality related queries.
Typical work activities:
• Working with and improving company's quality procedures, standards and specifications.
• Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met.
• Working with suppliers to establish quality requirement.
• Setting standards for quality.
• Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet TS16949 standards.
• Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
• Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
• Using relevant quality tools and making sure staff understand how to improve.
• Delivering New Product Introduction.
• Supporting Plant Quality.
• Supporting and driving quality improvement and activities.
Position requires the following:
• Good people skills.
• Ability to make informed decisions to the overall benefit of both the company and the team.
• Drive to continually improve.
• Looking for continual improvements within the business.
• Be able to work as a team with all departments.
• Use initiative.
• Contentious of all aspects of work. E.g., time keeping, using company time, etc.
• Good customer communication skills and handled professionally
Key Words: Quality, Technician, Engineer, TS16949, APQP, PPAP, Automotive, Manufacturing, NP.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys ? 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist ? Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles