|Job Ref:||204719734||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Post Date:||23/10/2016 03:22|
We have a number of exciting opportunities for enthusiastic, ambitious and highly dedicated individuals. You may come from a public relations, stakeholder engagement or editorial environment and are looking to make your mark in our Complex Infrastructure Programme. You will have strong administration experience and be able to demonstrate superb written and verbal communication skills.|
These roles are located at various Highways England offices and will require some travel to other offices.
The Complex Infrastructure Programme (CIP) comprises some of the organisation`s largest projects and the Communications and Engagement Team is responsible for the strategy, co-ordination and delivery of engagement and communications activity across the programme. Its projects attract widespread attention from the media, the public and politicians. We receive large volumes of correspondence, which peak and vary at different stages of each project. All of these need responses which are timely, accurate, well written and in line with our agreed messages and processes.
To undertake timely and accurate responses to correspondence from a variety of stakeholders from the general public, to senior government officials, in line with relevant policies and procedures. To work closely with the communications team to provide consistent, high quality written responses to all correspondence. To help identify emerging themes in correspondence to improve the information publicised by the project.
- Respond to communications and enquiries from internal and external customers with a professional manner in alignment with Highways England`s defined processes, deadlines and standards
- Prioritise own work according to business need, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Develop quality responses to Freedom of Information requests, public and ministerial correspondence working with the relevant technical team or Highways England team.
- Maintain effective day to day working relationships with the project and technical leads to ensure effective processing of escalated issues and representation cases and continuous improvement of correspondence service.
- Support audits in line with key performance indicators using experience of case management and customer complaint handling
- Collect, retrieve and collate data for summary reports through effective liaison with third party suppliers and Highways England colleagues
- Contribute to an engaged, efficient team
- Comply with statutory and internal processes and procedure and maintain accurate and administrative records using organisational systems.
- Contribute to improvements which minimise risk to the health, safety and welfare of colleagues and stakeholders and carry out any tasks identified to the post.
You must have the following:
- Demonstration of high editorial standards and command of plain English in drafting letters or briefing papers.
- Experience of operating within a high volume processing environment delivering ongoing improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of services
- Use of office software products
- Ability to work effectively with others in an office environment or delivering an efficient customer service
- Ability to engage effectively with service delivery partners to deliver high quality services
This is a challenging and varied role, which would ideally suit an individual who is passionate about representing our organisation and working with our stakeholders. In return we offer a great working environment, with plenty of development opportunity and flexible working hours. This is a really exciting time to join the Complex Infrastructure Programme where you will be working on some of Highways England`s most prestigious projects