|Job Ref:||204719879||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Post Code:||N1||Salary:||£15.40 - £18.17/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:02|
PSV Technicians / Vehicle Engineers|
Location: London (Several Locations - Central and Northern)
Hourly Rate: £15.40 (PAYE) / £18.17 (Umbrella / Ltd Co)
Duration: On Going / Temp to Perm
Shifts Available: Days, Nights
Kinetic are currently looking for several PSV Technicians / Vehicle Engineers to work within North and Central London. The positions will begin as temporary work through Kinetic before becoming permanent after a qualifying period.
The role of PSV Technician will consist of inspecting, diagnosing, maintaining and repairing:
* Inspecting and maintaining buses to specified standards
* Diagnosing faults efficiently and effectively by road testing vehicles using the latest diagnostic and test equipment
* Undertaking efficient and effective mechanical, electrical and body repairs and road testing on completion, ensuring standards are met
* Completing all relevant documentation to a high standard
* Organising your daily workload
* Communicating and working effectively with a team and providing support to colleagues
* Ensuring Health & Safety standards are met
To be considered for these roles, you will need the following:
* You will already be experienced within motor vehicle engineering. Knowledge of either PCV/HGV would be an advantage, and an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in mechanics, electrics or coachbuilding is essential.
* You will possess excellent diagnostic skills and be a good communicator. Familiarity of the DVSArequirements would be desirable. A full UK driving licence is essential and a PCV licence is advantageous.
* We will train you to gain IRTEC accreditation and a PCV licence if you haven't got one (you'll need to get your PCV licence before your probationary period has passed)
* Work on shifts within a rota.
* You will not be required to work more than an average of 5 days per week over the cycle of the rota and days off may rotate through each week.
* All 7 days a week are in scope of this pattern.
The PSV Technician offers the following package:
* We offer £31,400 - £35,600 (£602 pw - £683 pw) for shift work and £34,800 - £40,600p a. ( £670pw - £780 pw) for night work , dependent on qualifications. These figures exclude overtime.
* Enhanced overtime payments
* 2 free Oystercards
* Company pension
* Training to obtain IRTEC accreditation
* Training to obtain a PCV licence
* Opportunities for promotion
If you are interested in the PSV / Vehicle Technician roles, please click on the APPLY button and forward your most up to date CV for consideration.
Kinetic treat all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification will not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.
Kinetic Skilled & Trades is a division of Kinetic Recruitment Services Ltd, a consultancy with over 30 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering & manufacturing and affiliated sectors. Kinetic Recruitment Services Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ((url removed))